Dermatitis is a general term for skin inflammation. With dermatitis, the skin will typically look dry, swollen, and red. Depending on the type of dermatitis patient is suffering from, causes vary. However, it’s not contagious. Dermatitis can be uncomfortable for some. How itchy the skin feels can range from mild to severe. Certain types of dermatitis can last a long time, while others may flare up, depending on the season, what you’re exposed to, or stress.
Some types of dermatitis are more common in children, and others are more common in adults. Person may find relief from dermatitis with medications and topical creams. Contact the doctor for an appointment if the skin is infected, painful, or uncomfortable, or if your dermatitis is widespread or isn’t getting better.The symptoms of dermatitis range from mild to severe and will look different depending on what part of the body is affected. Not all people with dermatitis experience all symptoms. In general, the symptoms of dermatitis may include:
- dry, cracked skin
- itchy skin
- painful skin, with stinging or burning
There are several different types of dermatitis. Below are the most common:
- Atopic dermatitis. Also called eczema, this skin condition is usually inherited and develops during infancy. Someone with eczema will likely experience rough patches of dry, itchy skin.
- Contact dermatitis. Contact dermatitis happens when a substance touches your skin and causes an allergic reaction or irritation. These reactions can develop further into rashes that burn, sting, itch, or blister.
- Dyshidrotic dermatitis. In this type of dermatitis, the skin can’t protect itself. This results in itchy, dry skin, often accompanied by small blisters. It occurs mainly on the feet and hands.
- Seborrheic dermatitis. Also known as cradle cap in babies, this type is most common on the scalp, though it can also occur on the face and chest. It often causes scaly patches, red skin, and dandruff.
Ayurveda megastore contains the ayurvedic products for several diseases and one of those are related to skin. Dermatitis being one of the skin related diseases or conditions, need to be dealt properly with the help of ayurveda. The ayurvedic medicines are as follows for dermatitis;
- Himalaya Lip Balm
- Vasu Cutis Capsule
- Kudos VIPP Ointment
- Xovak Pharma Skynkyor
- Himalaya Purim Tablets
- Vedi Herbal Neem Tablet
- Himalaya Talekt Capsules
- Pravek Anti Allergic Oil
- Himalaya Antiseptic Cream
- Vadira Blood Purify Syrup
- Himalaya Acne N Pimple Cream