Leucoderma Also known as Vitiligo is a skin disease that causes loss of skin pigmentation (melanin) that leads to skin whitening. The white patches on the skin are termed as leukoderma. When the condition gets severe, the spots cover almost all parts of the body including the scalp, face and the genitals.The main sign and symptom of leukoderma are milky white patches on the skin. Other signs include:
- Premature greying of hair (eyelashes, beard and eyebrow)
- Loss of colour in the mucous membranes (tissues that line the inside of the mouth)
- Change in colour of retina
Though leucoderma can affect any part of the body, pigmentation usually occurs first on sun-exposed areas of the body
There are two types of leucoderma that are Segmental and Non-segmental.
- Segmental Leukoderma - The symptoms of segmental leucoderma start showing up at an early stage while affecting one side or segment of the body. This type progresses only for a few years.
- Non-Segmental Leucoderma - Starting with a short-lived burst of discolouration, this type affects both sides of the body and expands with new cycles of pigment loss throughout the life.
We, now and then, keep seeing people who suffer from leucoderma that is characterized by the white patches on the skin. We have heard several myths about this condition. We all also fear this condition. Ayurveda again holds the key to the curing of this disease and hence, ayurveda megastore offers ayurvedic medicines that helps in treating leucoderma and are as follows;
- Vyas Shvitrina Tablet
- Xovak Pharma Skynkyor
- Aimil Lukoskin Ointment
- Aimil Lukoskin Combo Pack
- Baidyanath Rasmanikya Ras
- Vadira Blood Purify Syrup
- Aimil Lukoskin Oral Liquid
- Vadira Skin Disorder Tablet
- Dhootapapeshwar Swayambhuva Guggul