Dry kwath( also known as Kashayams) is one of the most effective and important herbal therapeutic dosages known today. Kwath is the most widely used herbal dosage form in Ayurveda. It was documented in 2nd Century BC, this therapeutic application or procedure helps to combine the healing effects of various herbs and medicinal plants. Water constitutes 80 to 90 % of the total weight of a plant. Water acts as a solvent or a carrier to transport plant nutrients. Roots of the plant absorb nutrients from the soil, and transport to all parts of the plant. Water also plays a major role in photosynthesis. The nutrients prepared by photosynthesis are transported to all parts of the plant by water medium.
Ayurveda uses natural herbs as medicine. The raw herb cannot be consumed or used. It needs to be converted into a suitable dosage form. 90 percent of the herbs are composed of water, ancient ayurvedic ancestors thought of using a water-soluble medium as the dosage form.
To prepare a water-soluble extract of a herb, the herb powder is kept immersed in water.
The water-soluble extract can also be prepared by putting herb powder in hot water. With this method, the maximum amount of extract was generated. Such a dosage form is called Kwath or Kashayam.
Ayurveda mega store provides different types of kwath that are as follows;
- Kerala Ayurveda Ashtavargam Kwath Tablet
- Kerala Ayurveda Chiruvilwadi Kwath Tablet
- Kerala Ayurveda Dasamoola Kaduthrayam Kwath Tab
- Kerala Ayurveda Gulguluthikthakam Kwath Tab
- Kerala Ayurveda Maharasnadi Kwath Tab
- Kerala Ayurveda Mahathikthakam Kwath Tab
- Kerala Ayurveda Nimbadi Kwath Tablet
- Nagarjuna (Kerala) Dasamoolakaduthrayam KA Tablet
- Nagarjuna (Kerala) Chiruvilwaadi Kashayam Tablet
- Kerala Ayurveda Varanadi Kwath Tab
- Kerala Ayurveda Sukumaram Kwath Tab
- Kerala Ayurveda Sahacharadi Kwath Tablet
- Kerala Ayurveda Rasnerandadi Kwath Tablet