Coronary artery disease is the condition that develops when the major blood vessels that supply the heart become damaged or diseased. Cholesterol containing deposits (plaques) in the coronary arteries and inflammation are usually what causes coronary artery disease. The coronary arteries supply blood, oxygen and nutrients to the heart. A buildup of plaque narrows down these arteries resulting in decreasing blood flow to the heart. Eventually, the reduced blood flow causes chest pain (angina), shortness of breath, and other coronary artery disease signs and symptoms. A complete blockage is responsible for a heart attack. If the coronary arteries are narrow, they are not able to supply enough oxygen rich blood to the heart especially when it's beating hard, such as during exercise. At first, the decreased blood flow does not cause any symptoms but as the plaque continues to build up in the coronary arteries, following symptoms start to occur;
- Chest pain (angina). Patients may feel pressure or tightness in the chest. This pain, called angina, usually occurs on the middle or left side of the chest. Angina is generally triggered by physical or emotional stress. The pain usually goes away within minutes after stopping the stressful activity. In some people, especially women, the pain may be brief or sharp and felt in the neck, arm or back.
- Shortness of breath. If the heart can't pump enough blood to meet the body's needs, patients may develop shortness of breath or extreme fatigue with activity.
- Heart attack. A completely blocked coronary artery will cause a heart attack. The classic signs and symptoms of a heart attack include crushing pressure in the chest and pain in the shoulder or arm, sometimes with shortness of breath and sweating.
Women are somewhat more likely than men are to have less typical signs and symptoms of a heart attack, such as neck or jaw pain. And the women may have other symptoms such as shortness of breath, fatigue and nausea. Sometimes a heart attack occurs without any apparent signs or symptoms. Heart attack is something we all have heard of and have heard people dying of it too. Ayurveda megastore contains ayurvedic medicines of different brands that helps in helping a patient with coronary artery disease;
- Ayukriti Hridaykriti Juice
- Jolly Fat Go Slimming Powder
As fat in our body is the main cause of cholesterol deposition in our arteries of the heart, we must imply ayurveda in our lives to get rid of that fat from our body.