0 item(s) - $0.00
Your shopping cart is empty!
PCOD or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a condition that affects a woman’s hormone levels. Women with PCOS produce higher than normal amounts of male hormones.
PCOS also causes hair growth on the face and body, and baldness. And it can contribute to long-term health problems like diabetes and heart disease. Birth control pills and diabetes drugs can help fix the hormone imbalance and improve symptoms. PCOS is a problem with hormones that affects women during the age of 15 to 44. Many women have PCOS but don’t know it. PCOS affects a woman’s ovaries, the reproductive organs that produce estrogen and progesterone, hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle. The ovaries also produce a small amount of male hormones called androgens. The ovaries release eggs to be fertilized by a man’s sperm. The release of an egg each month is called ovulation. Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) control ovulation. FSH stimulates the ovary to produce a follicle, a sac that contains an egg and then LH triggers the ovary to release a mature egg. PCOS is a syndrome or group of symptoms that affects the ovaries and ovulation. Its three main features are:
- cysts in the ovaries
- high levels of male hormones
- irregular or skipped periods
In PCOS, many small, fluid-filled sacs or cysts grow inside the ovaries. These sacs are actually follicles, each one containing an immature egg. The eggs never mature enough to trigger ovulation. The lack of ovulation alters levels of estrogen, progesterone, FSH, and LH. Estrogen and progesterone levels are lower than usual, while androgen levels are higher than usual.
Extra male hormones disrupt the menstrual cycle, so women with PCOS get fewer periods than usual.The most common PCOS symptoms are:
- Irregular periods. A lack of ovulation prevents the uterine lining from shedding every month. Some women with PCOS get fewer than eight periods a year
- Heavy bleeding. The uterine lining builds up for a longer period of time, so the periods you do get can be heavier than normal.
- Hair growth. More than 70 percent of women with this condition grow hair on their face and body including on their back, belly, and chest. Excess hair growth is called hirsutism.
- Acne. Male hormones can make the skin oilier than usual and cause breakouts on areas like the face, chest, and upper back.
- Weight gain. Up to 80 percent of women with PCOS are overweight or obese.
- Male-pattern baldness. Hair on the scalp gets thinner and falls out.
- Darkening of the skin. Dark patches of skin can form in body creases like those on the neck, in the groin, and under the breasts.
- Headaches. Hormone changes can trigger headaches in some women
Many women have this syndrome PCOS and suffer through it. Ayurveda megastore helps these patients by providing the ayurvedic medicines like;
- Bacfo Mensocare Tablets
- Dhootapapeshwar Rajahpravartani Vati
- Dhootapapeshwar Shatavari Kalpa Granules
- Dhootapapeshwar Stree Vyadhihari Rasa
- Himalaya Evecare Capsules
- Nagarjuna (Kerela) Normen Tablet
- Pravek Suvarn Kalp
- Sandu Shatari Granules
- Vasu Meryton Capsule
- Vasu Meryton Syrup